You always love your business name or company name, similarly you want to keep your website name or domain name. But sometime your business name is not unique but your domain name will be unique.
If you choose wrong name of the domain then it can be a big issue to change it without hurting your company brand and ranking in search engine.
So overall we should decide our company website name with all care and caution.
Tips for Domain Name
1. Your name of the Domain should not be longer, sometime your company name is long but your domain should be short.
2. It should be easy to remember.
3. it should be near with your company brand, if it match with your main company name then it is perfect. it should be easy to spell and pronounce.
4. Give first priority to .com. If you are not getting .com extension and someone already own that .com then you should not take other extension, otherwise it will create a confusion to your customers and your clients will redirect to other company.
5. We should avoid hyphens and double letters in name of the domain.
6. Try to check once in google before deciding the name of the domain, that what comes in results for that domain search.
6. Try to check once in google before deciding name of the domain, that what comes in results for that domain search.
Right now approx. 370 Million domains are registered and all the good names are already taken, but you can make combination of words to match your company name.
Statistical data on domain names
- As of January 2023, there are over 360 million registered name of the domain in the world.
- The most popular top-level domain (TLD) is .com, with over 150 million registered domains.
- The second most popular TLD is .net, with over 30 million registered domains.
- The third most popular TLD is .org, with over 10 million registered domains.
- The top 10 TLDs account for over 90% of all registered domain names.
- The typical expense for name of the domain amounts to $12 annually.
- The most expensive domain name ever sold is .sex, which sold for $3.6 million in 2014.
- The most popular domain names are often short, easy to remember, and relevant to the business or organization that owns them.
- Domain names are an important part of the internet, as they allow users to easily find and access websites.
- Domain names can also be used to build brand awareness and credibility.
Photo By: SEO Hacker